Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fresh, Hot and Cheap

You always give it to me fresh, hot and cheap...

You always smile at me and ask me how I'm doing. Most girls cannot even get a guy to call them back. Let alone ask them about their weekend.

What more can a girl want?

I do not know your name and you do not know mine, but our relationship is as clear as any other.

I am talking about my corner coffee guy.

So, nice and smiling coffee guy, this tribute is for you...

You miss me the days that I do not stop by. And on the days when I pass right by you with a cup of Think Coffee you even smile back at me. How nice of you? If it were me, I would give you a nasty glare.

So after much thought, I will not cheat on you anymore. Who cares that Think Coffee gives me organic coffee served by bohemians. Their coffee doesn't even taste that good, and it costs nearly four dollars! They have a sign that says not to talk on my cell phone when I order. You don't care about stuff like that! Yeah they have seats and free Wi-Fi, but it’s not as if I sit there with my laptop and work. I have an office, I drink my coffee there. Sorry Think Coffee, I will only drink your coffee if someone else is buying.

You stand there in the heat, in the rain, in the cold, and in the snow (it has been cold lately, so I hope you have a portable heater in there), you always have a smile on your face and wish me a good day. Your coffee is hot (not scalding, I hate that), it’s fresh and a medium cup is only a dollar, what a bargain :)

So, to all of those New Yorkers that have moved away from the corner coffee guys to go to the more gourmet coffee shops. Please stop!

Instead, patronize the hard working coffee guys that are on the corner of your office or school, day after day. They always have a smile on their face and wish you a good day.

And most importantly, they are affordable and always remember what you order. Where else can you get that kind of service in this city?

So next time that girl/guy or some hybrid combination person in skinny jeans and torn t-shirt gives you a nasty look for not putting your change in the tip jar, think about how the corner guy doesn't even have a tip jar! Or, the next time the barista slams your latte on the counter, think about the smiling hard working guy that makes conversation with you before you go into work, he will never slam your coffee down, he will hand it to you in your hand.


So corner coffee guy, I raise my fresh, hot and cheap coffee cup to you. I hope you have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment