Friday, May 28, 2010

The Dating Game

Disclaimer: If you read this and realize that some of this is about you, do not take it personally. I do not mean any harm, but a lot of its interesting and funny. Think of it more as an educational tool to help others who are in the dating game be successful.

Sooooo, for the past couple of months I was a dating machine. It seems like everyone I know was trying to set me up or introduce me to someone who they thought would be a good match for me. There are also people you meet in the street, at a bar or just about anywhere.

I have been on my fair share of dates, from fancy dinners to just hanging out at the movies. Some guys were funny, boring (these are the worst) and some were even pretty cute. So from this sample I have some sage wisdom to share with the single men out there.

  1. If you are going to ask a girl out, do so properly! Say things like “I would like to go out with you. Are you free on __________?” Do not just leave it open ended and just wait for her to tell you when she is free. She will think you are a wuss and most likely you are. 
  2. Have a plan! After you get the date and you go pick her up or meet up with the girl, make sure you have a plan if you have not already told her what you will be doing. So don't show up and say "ohh what do you want to do"? This is a major fail. If you did this to me, you probably didn't get a second date, right?
  3. Please be yourself! Even if you are a creep, its better she knows it from the beginning. Hey some girls, like creeps, so go figure. This is not to say that you should not be on your best behavior. This is not the time to try out the corny joke you looked up online to try to impress her. OK?
  4. Watch the signals! Women are the queens of non-verbal cues. So pay attention. A girl will let you know if she is interested. Is she making eye contact? Is she actively listening? Are her eyes wandering all over the restaurant? Is she constantly checking her phone? Then she is not interested. She is just waiting for you to notice and hopefully not ask her out again.
  5. Please follow-up! If the date went well, you both had a good time and she hinted on liking to see you again. Call her and let her know you had a good time too. Don't text her or email her (this is coming from the texting queen)

So guys now that you have my top five tips on how to woo a woman, try not to mess up and have a good time. If it does not work out its OK, there are plenty of fish in the sea, just please do not be like that loser that got upset and told me "I didn't give him a chance to shine" when it was clear there wasn't any chemistry.

Seriously??

I have finally hung up my dating shoes :) But, one thing I realized, is that everyone is looking for love and there is someone for everybody.  When you find the one you like, make sure you shine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment